Mt Apo SKy Race (PHI)
tale of the trail
Date: 21 April 2018
Race venue: Darung Sta Cruz, Davao Del Sur, Mindanao
Event organiser: Vertical 2 Sky
Race distance: 100 km / 50 km (25 km also available)
Elevation gain: TBC Hm
Highest altitude: TBC
Start time: Midnight
Cut-off time: 30 hours (100k), 15 hours (50k)
Asia Trail Master finisher points: 100 / 50
Max ATM performance points: 400 / 200
Grandmaster Quest: Yes (100K)
Event website: Link
Event registration: CLOSING SOON
International gateway: Manila, Cebu, Davao
3rd edition of this big mountain race up the legendary Mt Apo on Mindanao Island in southern Philippines. Thanks to Vertical 2 Sky, event organiser, runners in this race will have exclusive access on Apo this year, as the mountain is currently closed for tourism.
- 100% Technicalities (for 100km only)
- *Forest, boulders, river trekking, open trail, dirt roads
- *6km pavement road (1km @ every proper Barangay & Sitio)
- *25km+ out & back for 50km category
- *50km+ out & back for 100km category
- *River crossing (2x) for both category
- *Boulder route (2km+) & river trek (100m) for 100km category only
- *2 mountain assault for 50km and the rest is for 100km category
- *Normal Temperature is hot (open trail) and very cold @ the forest & summit
conditions of entry & mandatory gear
At least a 42km finisher, mountain trail race and not a whiner. Must be 18 years of age, if not, must provide parent consent and must have current Medical Certificate (2017 issue)
Mandatory gear 100K & 50K
- Hydration Pack – at least 1.5 liters
- Headlamp – with extra battery
- Whistle – remember the drill
- Jacket – water proof/thermal
- Gloves – use in mountaineering not in the ER, haha!
- Headwear – anything that covers your head, protects you from cold
- Trail Food – with ziplock and last from AS to AS
- Cellphone – with load and fully charge battery (coverage up to Camp 2 only)
- MedKit – for LBM, stomachache, headache, etc.
- Extra Money - for emergency transpo & snacks @ the local store
mt apo sky race 2017 video
Participants from outside Mindanao, like Cebu, Manila, and Foreign Country, you can book your flight direct to Francisco Bangoy International Airport in Davao City, Pilipinas. Davao airport is closer to Sta Cruz, Davao Del Sur than any airport in Mindanao, Philippines.
From Davao airport you can take a cab (just outside the airport) going to Ecoland Terminal Davao. Ecoland is only 12kms away from the airport and travel time is approximately 25 to 35 minutes. Then take a bus bound for Digos, Cotabato, Kidapawan, Malita, etc. and inform the driver or conductor that you’re heading to Municipality of Sta Cruz only. Landmark is Sta Cruz Bus Terminal along the highway. Travel time from Davao City to Sta Cruz, Davao Del Sur is approximately 1 hour or 40kms away and only P50 fare for aircon bus.
If you're lost and need direction, inform right away the Race Director Romualdo “Doi” Calbes, +63-9255566692.