Win a free return trip Hong Kong - Almaty for the Tengri Ultra Trail
Air Astana and Action Asia magazine provide Hong Kong runners with an exquisite opportunity to travel to Kazakhstan and take part in the Tengri Ultra Trail, race 6 on the 2015 Asia Trail Master series' calendar. The new race, which takes place in Tamsgaly Tas - approximately 100km from Almaty in the Ili River valley - offers 50km and 25km options in fantastic surroundings.
As the local event organisers put it: "Tengri Ultra Trail is a race for people who love freedom and vast expanses of land, running up hills all along green fields, dodging through rocky canyons, and breathing pure prairie air."
Four lucky winners will fly round-trip to Kazakhstan from Hong Kong for the adventure of a lifetime. Winners will receive:
- Round-trip airfares from Hong Kong to Almaty sponsored by Air Astana
- Free admission to 2015 Tengri Ultra Trail (50km / 25km at your own choice)
- Ground transportation from Almaty City Centre to race venue at Tamgaly Tas and back (approx. 100km)
- Camping at Tamgaly Tas on the night before the race
- Race tags, safety, beverages and snack, commemorative medal for Ultra and pennant for other categories, commemorative souvenir
- Running shirt sponsored by Asia Trail Master Series
In order to win you need to answer 4 simple questions and then by briefly telling us 'what adventure in Asia' means to you. Take part in the context, which closes on 30 April, via this link on the Action Asia website.
Not included in the package is hotel accommodation in Almaty, and food.
Of course, even if you don't win the contest, or you are not based in Hong Kong, you can also still just register here for the race in Tamsgaly Tas until 1 May as well. Keep potential visa requirements in mind, subject to your nationality. There's several airlines flying to Almaty, and hotels can be booked via websites such as booking.com and expedia. There will be a bus leaving the city on Saturday afternoon to bring runners to the race venue along the Ili River. It is recommended to bring your own camping gear for the night. Busses return to the city after the race on Sunday late afternoon.